services we provide
Researchers are increasingly expected to communicate their actions and results to a variety of audiences including the media and the general public. To learn to exchange targeted information in an effective manner we offer training in presenting and writing for non-scientific audiences. Courses are suited for MSc, Ph.D. students and Post-docs. Science Matters is currently involved in three EU Horizon 2020 consortia as partner organisation to provide science communication training and inform the general public. We adapt our training sessions to the needs of the participants.
The gap between discovery and commercialization is notorious, too often business stories fall flat or set unnecessary fires, particularly in the domain of start-ups. To shape the story of your invention in your own voice, we offer training in explaining your innovation to investors or clients.
- To apply storytelling in the communication of research / innovation
- To understand the importance and impact of science communication
- To understand the societal impact of research
- To apply different difficulty levels of jargon
- To improve non-verbal communication
- To write a popular science blog
Companies, academic institutions or media that struggle to explain complex scientific or technological concepts. We can help translate technical jargon to easy-to-understand texts or presentations.
- Explaining complex scientific concepts in simple language
- Scientific fact-checking for books, articles, websites
- Writing accessible pieces for promotion
We support the organisation of meetings and events that promote science education, stimulate social dialogues regarding the implications of science or improve collaborations between stakeholders. We also develop engaging experiences for museums and educational material for schools that make science interactive and fun.
- Organisation of stakeholder meetings
- Event concept development
- Event hosting and moderation
- Engaging educational experiences for museum exhibitions
- Development of educational material and lesson plans for primary & high schools